Re: CDLs (was: New Car Hauler)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CDLs (was: New Car Hauler)
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 17:52:19 -0500
Thanks, Jim, for correcting my comment about 24,000.  I happened to look
at the back of my class A CDL license today, and found that it says I
can drive a combination vehicle with a GVWR greater than 26,000 pounds,
with a vehicle in tow with a GVWR greater than 10,000 pounds.

The point you make about the rental trucks backs up my point that the
truck can be rated higher by the manufacturer, but if you officially
promise when registering it to only carry less than 26,000 (gross, truck
and trailer) and tow less than 10,000 (gross, trailer), you don't need
the CDL.  This may be why Patrick's state allows him to do without a
CDL.

Or not.

Chuck (I personally think the propane tank on the RV should require
hazardous material  placards and a CDL) Schultz

--
Chuck Schultz     /                       Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com