RE: Traction in a can??? (was Re: Re Tire Warmers)

To: "'Arthur Emerson'" <vreihen@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Traction in a can??? (was Re: Re Tire Warmers)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:09:37 -0500
Unfortunately, I don't know what the product name is.  In
perusing the shop's web site, http://www.behrents.com/ ,
I see two different brands of "traction in a can," and
both are marketed with "undetectable" as a main feature.
Track Claw actually says that it brings back old tires.
=============================
Rocky's Formula V Traction Treatment works quite well.  It won't make them
gummy like the circle track stuff that works by breaking down the rubber
chemically, but it makes them as grippy as when they were new.

[If you can't tell, I'm always skeptical of anything that's
packaged in a can and makes promises that seem too good to
be true.]
=============================
Yeah, me too,  At last year's MiDiv convention we had a guy from BFG who
gave us a Tire 101 class.  When the subject of tire snake oil came up he
said that the FVTT was just 95% diesel fuel.  While that may be true, the
other 5% is pure majic shit.  ;^)

Hmmmm, if only I had an STS-legal car...and didn't have a
conscience..... :-)
================================
Dang man, get rid of that thing.  It just gets in the way of good old
fashioned redneck fun.  ;^)

-Arthur ("Burning oil?  Try some compression in a can!" edition)
Anybody got a can of "Fast"?  Better yet, how 'bout a case.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen."
Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)