Canadian Anthem, was: Banquet Longevity

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Canadian Anthem, was: Banquet Longevity
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:58:00 -0400
FWIW, The Canadian anthem was not played Tues North/Wed South. I had
origianlly dubbed the cassette for SCCA, with both anthems in 1995 for
Nationals. And we played both. I did ask this year if the Canadian Anthem
should be aired. The response was no (gotta get those cars running :^)  ).
I'm sure we could get real nuts and play the Anthems of every country
represented, but then Nationals might be two weeks long. :^)

Matt Murray
I don't remember hearing either anthem at all on Thurs South/Friday North.
If it is, I say cut that minute out by omitting the Canadian
National Anthem every morning.  Sing along with me, "Oh, Canada.
Who really gives a damn..."  Apologies to Dennis Grant and you
other hosers.....

 -Arthur Emerson