testing parts and such for safety/liability

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: testing parts and such for safety/liability
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:55:34 -0500
Is SEMA proposing manufacturers test and certify parts (perishables) for their
cars, and then consumers are locked into those that have been tested and
certified to be street legal.  Several of my friends bought factory BMW's
(bikes) and when they tried to swap the tires/shocks to something more "sporty"
the factory wouldn't allow it.  The deal was a buy/ride/ship home purchase and
import as a "used" bike.  That kind of legislation would put everyone in Solo
(well most of us) on trailers.  I say that because many manufactures will not
test/certify Koni (or brand X) 4ways, 2ways and every which way shocks, much
less those special revalve jobs, unless they sell them directly.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller