Re: BSP Delorean & GRM $2001 z31

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BSP Delorean & GRM $2001 z31
From: Ronald Nottingham <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:30:13 -0400
> Nope, no Ford engines. All DeLoreans came from the factory with a Volvo
> V-6. Known as the PRV-6 or B28F. 130hp stock.
>
> I've never seen a SP DeLorean. Doubt that anyone has done one. So this is
> all just speculation, as it always is when it hasn't been done before.
>
> One of the DeLorean shops is doing a high perf version of the motor now.
> They've gone most of the way to the limits of SP engine prep and have
197hp
> at the rear wheels. They're saying they think that with some fine tuning
of
> some of the components that they can get it to a max of 215 without FI.

Well, we all know what happens when you bolt a flux capacitor to these
baby's and hit 88mph :-)  Just think, you could be the only axer to have a
negative time :-)  Yeah, the DeLorean is classed wrong.  I would put it in
maybe CM or SS :-)

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!  All the tension of designing a twin
turbo system for my z31 is getting to me....  I've seen some of the
competition, and I need all the power, tire, and light weight I can get!
Some guy put a 500cid Caddy engine into a 2nd gen RX7 fer cryin' out loud!
At least he won't win the ax part of the $2001 Challenge....  I hope :-)
Anyone know where I can get some 90+ 300zx tt wheels? CHEAP!  Oh yeah, and
some sticky tires, real sticky tires :-)

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
84 300ZXT (GRM $2001 Challenger)
IZCC# 4779   TLS#30