Re: Whining about the Protest in HS

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Whining about the Protest in HS
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:26:41 EDT
Let me get this straight; you say the vehicle was missing the trim pieces and
had an illegal steering wheel at the Pro Finale, yet you didn't file your own
protest.  You obviously didn't care about it then, so why now?  It's rather
strange that you're so concerned about how the rules apply to someone else,
rather than yourself.  You had the opportunity to protest and didn't.
Someone else filed a protest and it went through the process available and a
final decision was made.  That's it, the rules *as they applied* were
followed; end of story.  Why can't you just accept it and move on?

Whether or not a cone is called IS NOT the competitors fault.  The rules are
very clear that T&S protests must be filed within 30 minutes and that the
corner sheets are the record of substance.  With the current graphic editing
capabilities available, how is the protest committee suppose to determine the
validity of a video supplied by the competition on the following day?

Regardless of validity, what we really have here is various vexatious
attempts to get back at someone for filing a protest, despite that protest
being based on sound, performance-oriented evidence.  All this "trying to
hang someone in public" whining serves no useful or positive purpose.
Rather, it is simply a disservice that stains both yourself and our sport
more than the person it is aimed at.

Mark Sipe