Truth and the Protest in HS

To: "Hollis, Andy" <ahollis@origin.ea.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Truth and the Protest in HS
From: "HEYWARD WAGNER" <h_kenyon@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:22:35 -0400
Additional info: The protest on Mark's car was due to the various plastic
body pieces that were missing.  This included the chin spoiler, the plastic
engine undertray and the mud flap.  The results form indicated that the
pieces came off from cone damage at the Pro Solo finale.

There is NO truth to this statement.  The car arrived in Topeka with a
missing spoiler, an after market steering wheel and other missing pieces (I
personally inspected the car upon its arrival on Friday).  The steering
wheel magically became "closer to stock" on Monday, the rest was unchanged.
That having been said, I also attempted to file a protest against the event
because one of my team mates has video of car 140 hitting a cone on what the
announcer (heard on the tape) declares his best time but also states he hit
a cone.  The protest was not accepted due to the rule that the protest had
top be filed within 30 minutes.  While there is such a rule, I also suspect
that the PC would be hesitant to allow the protest to effect the results for
fear of future implications.  As for anything else, I did not have any
comment because I had no involvement.
Heyward K. Wagner
TEAM UNDERDOG RACING
Honda Civic Si - HS #48
www.teamunderdog.com
IMPACT GRAPHICS
Custom Automotive Graphics - Numbers - Magnetics - Static Cling
1-877-945-7446