Re: Protest in HS?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:30:28 -0500

William Loring wrote:

> Good question! Results just went up, and there's no note of a protest...
> Mark Allen moved up to second, and Russell Blume fell from 1st to 4th. Joe,
> who posted earlier, fell from 5th to 7th.
>
> It looks like Russell may have received a 2 second penalty on his first day
> runs. I didn't print yesterday's results, so I can't tell for sure.

The story as I heard it from an interested E Stocker who was there:

Russell Blume was protested, as usual, for several things.  One of those
things was ignition timing, which was found to be "out of manufacturers
specs" (don't have any more detail than that, sorry).  It appears that the
penalty was 1 second, enough to bump him from 2nd to 4th place overall.

I think the PC did an admirable job of defining a reasonable penalty in
this case, and at least Russ still got a trophy, which he very obviously
deserved.  He would have been 1/10th out of 1st were it not for this
protest.

Mark Allen was also protested, something about a missed cone penalty on his
best run.  Haven't heard how that was resolved, but his best run stayed, so
the PC must not have been convinced.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca