RE: BFG R1 Rains

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BFG R1 Rains
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:43:16 -0500
JE>I got the word from team T/A the end of last season that 230 "wets" were
JE>available in my size
JE>245/45/16 and would be until the G-force "rain" tire was ready I have not
JE>heard of any rain tire yet
JE>PS. The 230 "wets" are identical to the old autocross compound 226's

Jeff has been perpetuating this myth for some time now.

These tires are NOT "identical to the 226's".

They are NOT effective in anything except wet conditions.

In the dry they are MUCH slower than the GForce R1 or
the 230 tire.

I have 4 of these in P255/50x16 with three runs on them for
$200 +freight, should someone want to find this out for themselves. . .
. . . .

Roger (Ohio) Johnson
20 years as the BFG Poster Child