Re: Classing Question '99 Mustang Cobra

To: bsnake@usa.net
Subject: Re: Classing Question '99 Mustang Cobra
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:34:05 -0400
Howdy, Brad.  Sorry if I'm late 'cause I'm on the digest.

The '99 Cobra is F Stock legal as long as the particular car is, well,
Stock legal (shocks, cat-back exhaust, filter element in stock airbox,
front sway bar, brake pads, fluids, stock-size (17x8 in this case) wheels
with DOT tires), etc.

Like the other Mustangs, it goes from FS to ESP when you start doing
SP-level mods.  That's where my '99 plays as it has wider than stock wheels
(17x10) and camber-caster plates at the moment that are beyond Stock
allowances.

The class listings are found in Appendix A of the Solo II Rules, Stock
Category prep rules are Section 13, Street Prepared prep rules are Section
14.

Hope this is helpful,

Jim Crider
'99 Mustang Cobra #65 ESP