Re: sorry, but ZO6 Vett again - sorry is right :-)

To: autox@autox.team.net, A4autox@aol.com
Subject: Re: sorry, but ZO6 Vett again - sorry is right :-)
From: Jim Rohn <rohns@doitnow.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2000 16:08:59 -0000
------Original Message------
From: A4autox@aol.com
To:  autox@autox.team.net
Sent: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:44:08 EDT
Subject: sorry, but ZO6 Vett again

>   OK, I feel the ZO6 Vett is legal for SS this year, and this is why.

It isn't, it is a 2001 model. (period)

>   The C5 vett has been classed in SS for three years now, with changes to the
> car every year, it is listed as "Corvette, 97-+"

makes no difference

>    So here is my point, the ZO6 is not a new car, though it has many changes
> over the previous coups

the Z06 is a HARDTOP, not a coupe

>, it is the only way you can get a coupe now

once again, the coupe is NOT a Z06, the HARDTOPs are

>, the
> coupe is all ready classed!

the Z06 is a 2001 year model. 2001 year models in 2000 competition (at least
until Nationals) are NOT allowed to participate (unless already classed - this
refers to mid year introductions, NOT a "normal" new year introduction, which
the Z06 is). This is known as the "Rupp Rule" A rule brought about when a
certain Pontiac dealer used to show up in September with fresh NEW models of
the next year's vintage, avail only to the dealer that early in the year. since
these were NEW models of unproven performance potential, they were deemed
(appropriately enough) NOT to be legal for STOCK class participation. The
exception to this rule is an "early" introduction of the next years model, much
like the 1991 Camaro/Firebird was introduced in February 1990. They were then
classed per the SEB and allowed to run at Nationals in 1990, even though they
were a 1991 model year designation.

>   this car is designated as being of a model year later than the current year
>as stated before (and in 3.1 of the rule book) but it HAS been specifically
>classed ( Corvette 97-+) it doesn't say except coupe if they make it too fast!

you are way off track here

>   so, to keep this car out of the running, it would have to be separated from
> the rest of the Corvettes by reclassing it as it is all ready classed, its
> not like the Boxster "S" or the Camaro SS, as these cars are an option
> package on a model of a car, the Corvette coup is only available with this
> new package so it is a change to an already classed car, a huge change, but a
> change, not a new model, so the car may need to be reclassed.  now the tricky
> part.
>    As a lot of people know, Dan and I have been trying to get the Ferrari 360
> classed, what we ran into was "cars will not be classed after July" from the
> SEB , which I can see, that's fair as not to end up with the problems of the
> past few years. BUT this is the other side of the coin, now here is a car
> that really CAN dominate SS, but its after July so it cant be reclassed.
>   DISCLAIMER this is not a rank on the SEB, I have no problems with these
> guys, they are friends and fellow competitors and I appreciate the time and
> effort they put in to make this whole thing work, this is just a comment on
> how I read it, and I have been wrong before once or twice =)
>      Curt Ormiston

the Z06 IS available to be run at the 2000 Nationals in BSP though, have at it.
Run it in stock configuration and show us all what it can do

good luck

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing