Re: Autocross results software (Timing in general)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autocross results software (Timing in general)
From: "Carl C." <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:19:08 -0400
>Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:24:05 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com
>Subject: Re: Autocross results software
>
>- --Boundary_(ID_5CGNj+YY9dKOgdbKR1u+Ow)
>
>Just to expand upon Dave's comments - not only does it take a certain adept
>computer operator but also the rest of the timing crew.  They all have to
work
>together.  This is not something new but I believe more critical with a
>computer based timing system.  It only takes "one bad egg" to make everyone
>else's job that much more difficult.  Some people in timing can get side
>tracked very easily and forget their main responsibility is timing and not
>helping other people with questions.

Thats why at Equipe Rapide events, when I do Speed Trials (multilap)
events, I warn people at the drivers meeting that I maybe wearing
a side arm (with Hollow Points).... (heheheheh)

Actually, I did have someone keep bugging me one time, I just asked
for his car # and started adding cones... For some reason he shutup
and left.....

Carl (I do timing, just timing, don't ask me for anything else! 8^) ).
--- Carlc@iname.com --- WWW Home Page of ---
         - Equipe Rapide Sports Car Club (ER) in West Palm Beach/Ft.
Lauderdale
         - South Florida Sports Car Assoc. (SFSCA) in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
                            http://autox.carlc.com/
          Why do I live in Florida? So I can race all year long!

                                South Park Racing
                Oh my God, You killed a cone.... You Bastard!