Re: windshield banner

To: <YMI@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: windshield banner
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:47:25 -0500
Actually, they have been doing that for years. The smaller stickers required
to be on the sides of the car in the vicinity of the numbers usually ends up
on paint. And worse, they are high-tack stickers.

My solution for years has been Scotch Plastic Tape. It is marvelous stuff,
in multi colors, and it peels off paint almost never taking paint with it.
And sometimes that is after forgetting about it and not removing it until
the following spring! I mount my required sticker on the car by "framing" it
in Scotch Plastic Tape of a color to match my car. Don't take the backing
paper off the sticker.

Of course, I understand that this new Tire Rack sticker is way bigger, but
the tape should still work. If it is the same as those used earlier, it is
on a black background, so get Scotch Plastic Tape (discount stores, hardware
stores) in black. It comes in .75" and 1.5" widths.

--Rocky