Re: Uh-oh, Scarlett's in trouble.

To: "autox team.net list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Uh-oh, Scarlett's in trouble.
From: "Greg Bell" <gsbell@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:59:47 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Anderson" <noleanimal@yahoo.com>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 8:40 AM
Subject: Uh-oh, Scarlett's in trouble.

> Well- the bad news came yesterday...
> my beautiful Garnet and Gold 2000
> Mistubishi Eclipse GT named Scarlett has a split CV
> boot that most likley developed at the event. This
> puts the warranty in serious jeporady. The dealer said
> they will fix this one, but any other major problem
> with the car will probably void the warranty.

You didn't actually tell them what you do with the car did you?
I can sympathize with you on this, back in 86 I had a new CRX Si
that ate two second gear syncro's and one third gear syncro
after the third repair they were very upset about fixing the car.
Claimed I was abusing it, yada, yada. What I couldn't say was all
of the other Honda's I competed against were all crunching second
gear as well. A CV boot is a minor thing that could happen anywhere
anytime they are over-reacting. Do you have another Mitsu dealer
close by?

Greg Bell