Rally Tires

To: Jeff@cyberconceptz.com
Subject: Rally Tires
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
I ran a rally prepped and tired RX7 at this summer's
Hoopa Hillclimb when my slick tired 510 broke down.
I found the tires not particularly attractive for the
application, and surmise the same for autocross. The
carcass was stiff enough to have no roll over like a
good R type tire but the rubber seemed way harder or
at least "squirmier". The second run I found sliding
was fun and easy but slower than staying on the edge.
Maybe a flat concrete autocross situation would be
better but on steep asphalt they were no secret solution.

=====
Dennis Hale

http://mail.yahoo.com/