I think, therefore I am a physicist?

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: I think, therefore I am a physicist?
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:03:18 -0400
<<<Say, here's another thorny thought. I have 2 cars: they are the same
dimentionally (length, width, height, wheelbase etc) They have
infinite-grip tires. They have the same power/weight ratios, and the
weight distribution is the same. One weighs 1000lbs more than the other.
Which car is faster, or are they tied?>>>

Where do you get these infinite-grip tires? I want a couple hundred
sets. And that's what's wrong with your premise. In general the
lighter car will be faster because it has less weight transfer. But
given that the tires can handle any amount of weight transfer then
they would be equal. Or not.

YMMV

Paul Foster