Georgia State Solo II Championship

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@topica.com, bspvette@topica.com
Subject: Georgia State Solo II Championship
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:50:01 -0400
Everyone is welcome to come autocross at the Georgia State Solo II
Championship in Perry, Georgia on August 26 & 27. This event is co-hosted
by the Middle Georgia SCCA and Atlanta Region SCCA regions.

The Championship event will be held on 5 adjoining parking lots just
outside the North entrance gate to the Georgia National Fairgrounds in
Perry, which is located about 1 1/2 hours south of Atlanta on Interstate
75.

This event is in conjunction with the "Georgia MotorFest" car show and
sound-off which will be staged inside the fairgrounds. This year, our
entrants will be pitted and staged inside the gate so our competitors'
cars will be part of the show during our event.

In order to compete for the Georgia State Championship, in your class,
you must enter and run both Saturday and Sunday. However, entrants may
run either single day if they choose. Entry fee for both days is $45 and
for one day the fee is $25. This event is open to SCCA and non-SCCA
members over 16 years of age who have a current driver's license. Drivers
under age 18 will need to have a Minor Waiver signed by a parent or
guardian at the event site.

The Georgia National Fairgrounds is located just east of I-75 in Perry.
There will be signs on the interstate guiding you to the site. Go to the
North entrance to get to the autocross site.

Below please find the motel information for the weekend. The event
parties will be happening at the Holiday Inn at exit 136.

Days Inn & Suites
205 Lect Drive
Perry, GA 31069
912-218-5200
Rate: $58 (Ask for GMF-Georgia Motor Fest)
Note: Newest hotel in Perry, on same exit as Fairgrounds

Jameson Inn
200 Market Place Drive
Perry, GA 31069
912-987-5060
Rate: $45 (Ask for GMF-Georgia Motor Fest)
Note: 2nd Newest hotel in Perry, one exit from Fairgrounds near most
restaurants

In case those hotels book up, SCCA'ers are welcome at the GMF host hotel
as
well:
Holiday Inn
700 Valley Drive
Perry, GA 31069
1-800-808-8804
Rate: $59 (Ask for GMF-Georgia Motor Fest)
Note: Longtime host hotel for the car show & car stereo competitors @
GMF,
full restaurant and bar
24 hour security with cameras monitoring the parking areas

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA