Re: Kit cars in Prepared

To: Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com
Subject: Re: Kit cars in Prepared
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:27:20 -0400
> Why is street licensing so important? At least one place I have run
> in the
> present requires a license on the car to run there.  As pavement
> tightens up
> I suspect that with liability ins being what it is they may start to
> require
> license and inspection.  (not at nationals but locally). For those
> of you
> who care only about national events, think about your weekly events
> and how
> far you like to drive on $2.00 per gallon gasoline. Think about you
> budgets
> and how many events you run and how many your wives will let you
> run.

I don't see street licensing as being all that important otherwise
you could eliminate the Mod class completely. I seriously doubt
that is going to happen anytime soon.
If the car isn't registered on the street it is an unregistered
vehicle, all Mod cars are unregistered. Although it would be fun
to get a Mod car out on the street legally at say 2am. :)
Why a kit car would need to be licensed for the street is beyond
me as long as it is trailered to the event.
Just curious...

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)