Re: Autocross pads for my Honda

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Autocross pads for my Honda
From: William Loring <bloring@tirerack.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:24:38 -0600
Many thanks to all who gave me advice on brake pads for my Honda. After
looking over all the responses, I called Larry at Carbotech and ordered a
set of Super Street compound for the front, and Silver Streak compound for
the rear. The specific compounds were per Larry's recommendation, and based
on the fact that the car is a daily driver.

I also took the advice given by several on the list, and investigated the
adjustment of the rear drums. Turns out that a previous owner of the car
severely grooved the drums. So, not only were they out of adjustment (the
"automatic" adjusters don't work, as some suggested), but you couldn't
really bring them in to proper adjustment due to the lip created by the
damage to the drums.

So, I'm having the drums turned today. The disks are in great shape, so I'm
leaving them alone. I think that this will go a long way toward firming up
the pedal. If I still have problems, I'll look into some of the other
suggestions that were made.

I just want to say that though I may complain about the content on this list
from time to time, it's things like this that make all of it worthwhile. I
got lots of good, friendly advice, and I really appreciate all of it.

Thanks folks!

William Loring