flying belts, again.

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>, "'neon'" <neon@iastate.edu>
Subject: flying belts, again.
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:04:14 -0500
Well, the first two years of hard driving (autocrossing on the weekends)
went pretty smoothly with no major mechanical problems but now my poor Neon
has thrown it's third PS belt in a month!  2 Mopar belts and now it shredded
a good(?) Gates belt.  WHAT GIVES???

I personally installed the last (Gates) belt and got it to at least
135ft/lbs (factory tension torque spec) before I managed to round out the
tensioning hole in the bracket.  What's a guy gotta do to keep the PS belts
on a Neon???

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright
force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Patrick Henry