Re: SS/WS6 stock classification

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SS/WS6 stock classification
From: adozzell@sc9.intel.com (TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:00:58 -0700
Hey all,

One thing that I think might help the WS6 owners here would be
to acknowledge that the WS6 did not have the kind of options
that the SS did. You could not get a Torsen in a WS6 in 96, you
could not get different levels of suspension, you could not get
a Hurst shifter etc.
The WS6 as supplied by SLP has inferior suspension pieces to the 1LE.
What it does have is a hood scoop for cold air and 17" tires. Then for a
while you could not get a Pontiac 1LE withough buying a WS6, and for a
while you could not get the WS6 without t-tops, sheesh. Pontiac is pretty
f'd up when it comes to autox cars.
The SS could be had with a variety of interesting options that make
classing it much more difficult based on traceability of components.
I suggest we look at each car seperately and class accordingly instead
of lumping them together just because they are both 'tuner' versions of
the same f-body platform. The two cars are quite different in terms of
how you could buy one.
I would have really liked the chance to play in a stock class, but super
stock was just too much for me.

Tony Ozzello
96 WS6 ESP car