Re: Maps and window decals

To: goodale7@gateway.net
Subject: Re: Maps and window decals
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:48:11 -0500

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:58:42 -0600 "goodale7" <goodale7@gateway.net>
writes:

> As a member of the Law Enforcement community I take exception to
> this.
> I've written a lot more tickets to "$30K plus Bimmers" than "$3K
> Hondas".  But I get a lot more lip from the teenager in the $3K
> Honda.
> Please don't put us all in one group.

By taking exception can we assume that it is your opinion that the
majority of traffic cops don't abuse the system?  If so, then just
consider yourself part of the problem.  I have found in situation after
situation that patrolmen are encouraged to find any defensible excuse to
ticket and/or unnecessarily subjugate any motorist who seems vulnerable.
Until police departments stop basing their success on ticket and
conviction quotas, all you self-righteous cops out there only make the
problem worse by ignoring it and refusing to acknowledge it.  Cops pick
on kids with hotrods because they don't expect any intelligent defense.
They pick on hippies like myself for the same reason, under the guise of
"he looks suspicious," and because they equate long hair, old cars and
work clothes with crime and stupidity.  Cops stay away from dignified
yuppy types because they smell too much like legal defense.

Admit it and quit covering up for the great "blue wall" and you will
deserve to be held outside the group.

Jon FP 73
Drives safely and responsibly, no tickets in 12 years.
Stopped and harrassed for various reasons 10 times in same period.
"I could tell you were nervous from the way you kept glancing at me in
your mirror."
"I couldn't see your inspection sticker clearly [headed opposite
direction on 5-lane divided hwy at 45 mph]"
"It looked like your license plate light was out."
"Just checking to make sure your kids were buckled (!)."
Wanna hear more?