Re: The Rape of Prepared Catagories (was:Trying to catch the spotlight)

To: <quad4fiero@webzone.net>, <NEOKLA-SoloII@egroups.com>,
Subject: Re: The Rape of Prepared Catagories (was:Trying to catch the spotlight)
From: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:32:00 -0500
Morning George,

>You say you have been through it all, Tom. I say you have been
>through only some of it.

I only claimed to have been through the FP-AP-FP shuffle, I would never
suggest that I have been through it ALL...

You are correct that I have not been a direct target of any tech bulletin
that would have instantly reclassed me or negatively affected me. I can only
imagine the frustration that can cause. As you pointed out, the bulletin
that drove you to announce you exit from all things SCCA was an error and
that was corrected. If there is still an issue that is putting you at an
unfair competitve disadvantage I'm not aware of it.

>I have received more than a dozen replies off list to my post in the
>past few hours. Yours is a first. The first to reply on list (and Cc:ing
>all). The first to roll over and say it is all right. The first that is OK
>with what is happeneing to this catagory and how it is happening.

Roll over? I thought did it with a little more emphasis than that! I
actually sat up! ;) If I disagree with you, it's not because I am apathetic.
I do care. I want to see more competition in our class and the other
Prepared classes. You have gone on at length about the persecution of the
Fieros and then spoken in vague terms about the rape of Prepared. I won't
disagree with you on anything you tell me that is Fiero specific, but that
is all I have heard from you. I've also heard from the Kelly's about the
plight of their 7. I'm not saying they don't have a good point...Beyond
those two examples what else is SO screwed up? I would like to hear that so
that I can be better informed and perhaps help contribute to the solution.
You mention that attendance has declined in most of the classes and blame
the rules without specific examples. I'm not saying your wrong, I just want
some specific examples, until I am enlightened I will continue to believe
that the sky is NOT falling.

>I am gathering this info for some articles I am writing, and for some
>"ammo" to use, say at the town hall this fall. So, I will not address
>most points in this forum quite yet.

I look forward to reading those articles and hope to see you at the Town
Hall meeting this year. I also hope the SEB will have the flexibility to
delay the meeting as long as necessary so that members competing in the 5th
heat will be able to attend (unlike last year).

Tom