RE: Solo participation too high?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Solo participation too high?
From: Bradley Lamont <lamont@xnet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:44:19 -0500
At 01:19 PM 6/21/00, Kelly, Katie said:
> >Hint: The Divisional at Peru will probably also fill >up.  Be sure to
>pre-register early.
>
>And if 300+ pre-register early?
>
>Katie K.

Wouldn't that be great! (seriously)

If we had 300 people registered for each tour event in January each year,
then Denver would know they need more tour events or need to do something
different.

But more importantly, they would know it in Jan, when they may still be
able to do something about it.  Not 2 weeks before the event like is
happening with the Peru tour.  Maybe they'll add tour events.  Maybe
they'll run 2 course as has been suggested.

But they have time to figure it out if they know in January.  And knowing
how much money they will be bringing in will help justify more
expenses/more events/more staff/etc.

I can see nothing wrong with requiring people to preregister
early.  Especially if there is a sane refund policy.  I know not everyone
knows there schedule in January, but this is the National Tour, not a
regional event.  Pre-reg and then get a refund if you can't make it.

It's not raising costs, it's just requiring some pre-planning.

Brad

Bradley Lamont
email: lamont@xnet.com
http://www.xnet.com/~lamont