Re: NorPac Divisional Course question

To: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: NorPac Divisional Course question
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:29:13 -0700
I wasn't one of the people spinning through the finish, but I did have the
back a little loose.

Basically, if you took the turn right before the slalom, the slalom was
pretty fast.  Add this to the fact that it was only a three cone slalom and
that allowed you to go pretty deep into the last cone.  Problem with that is
that if you got too late, there was the potential to do something drastic
(big steering input, complete lift off the throttle) that would cause the
back end to get loose.

I can't speak for Ken (BTW, it's funny to see the SS spin and take out the
timing lights both days..... ;-)  ) but the S2000s are VERY tail happy cars.
Add the above information from the previous paragraph and there is a big
liklihood it could happen.  Annie and I are getting her car set up so it
isn't so tail happy, hence the reason I was only somewhat sideways (man I
love rear wheel drive) vs. spinning!

Ron (thanks for a fun weekend) Bauer
Y2K S2K
Team Butt Heat