The List

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: The List
From: "Albert E. Cram, M.D." <albert-cram@uiowa.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 08:41:44 -0500
I would voice a strong vote for Del Long.  The "Yamahauler" DM car took
Katie to a Nationals Win, and the Chevrolotus was more fun to drive than
anything else I've owned.  Del is a master craftsman and in many years he's
had a hand in the building of more cars on the D and E modified grid at
Nationals than Colin Chapman. If Del spent as much time working on his
driving skills as he does building the cars and refining them he would be a
multitime national champion in my opinion.  The 23 T is still undergoing
refinement engineering changes and is starting to look like Milligan's
europa used to look going through the slalom.  For those interested Del
also builds some really interesting(greased lightning quick) street
Westfields and I saw a new frame in the jig last time I was over at his
shop.  Del gives freely of his time and experience to help those like
myself who came to the sport a day late and a dollar short on knowledge and
talent.  He would get my vote for Autocross Engineer of the Year.

Al Cram
Old Duffer Racing