Re: 1/4 Mile

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1/4 Mile
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:06:58 -0500
The NeOkla Region has a "drag nite" a couple times a year,
and we do it at the Friday nite "Test-n-Tune", with the slower
tree. One rule, your car has to be autocross legal, set up just the
way you run on Sunday.

The best my little 4 banger Prepared car has done is:

13.4
97mph
1.789 60' times
(2.13 R/T)

It's all in the mid-engine power launch (see 60' times), a lot of
competitors (V-8's, smirk-smirk) have as much as 10mph faster
trap speed - good thing it isn't a 5/8th mile!! The little Q4 is just
starting to pull into it's peak torque range in 4th gear (yes, 4th!)
at 3200RPM or so when I get through the traps.