3rd gen RX7 reliability

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 3rd gen RX7 reliability
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:04:31 -0500
"I can only guess if Sammy did not open the can of Whoop ass on SS it
was cause he broke the car again.  That guys is an expensive co-driver."

Speaking of breaking RX7's, I had the great pleasure of a fun run in a
twin turbo on Monday, (thanks again, Steve!).  It was a dog coming out
of the slow corners but scary-fast when the turbo kicked in and had
INCREDIBLE brakes.  I liked it better than our old f-body since it
seemed much lighter and at $15-20k they're in the same initial price
range.   I have a thing for rotary's but I'm worried about reliability.
So in our never ending search for our next Solo car I'm trying to find
out some more autox specific info on them.

93's had a bunch of TSB's but is that the only year they made the R1?
Differences between an R1, R2 and Touring model? (strut bar, rear sway
bar size, weight?)  I'm told I'd probably want to replace the vacuum
lines ($), anything else to look for?  Are the motors/turbos really
cooked at 80k miles?  I always see Rx7 owners with water squirter's.  Is
it hard to keep the motor cool?

Thanks,
Jeff 'still shaking' Cashmore