Re: Belts everywhere

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Belts everywhere
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:19:32 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
> Tomorrow morning the car goes to the dealership to get fixed under warranty
> so no biggie, but it's still weird.  Oh well, at least now I know how to
> change (or replace as the case may be) the PS belt.  We looked, and the
> alternator belt looked darn near impossible to get at and replace from the
> top.  We managed to get the old, damaged PS belt back on for the 30 mile
> drive home after the race but I had no alternator the whole way so the
> factory battery (now 2 years old) may well have a shortened life expectancy.

The guy who did the alternator belt tensioning adjustment on the
neon should be taken outside and shot.  You get to it from under the car,
reaching your hand up over the (I think it is) alternator, to a bolt you
can't see.

In this day and age the idea of seperate belts makes no damn sense to me.
Serpentine belts are _so_ much easier to deal with...

Mark