Intro - Long

To: "Autox" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intro - Long
From: "Michael Bullis" <Mike@benchmarksales.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:27:22 -0700
Just signed up for this digest & thought I would introduce myself.  So far
the reading here has been entertaining, to say the least.

Hello my name is Mike Bullis.  My wife Kim and I compete in the Chicago &
Milwaukee regions, currently in Super Stock / running a 1995 Corvette ZR-1.
Yea, that REALLY loud black one.

This is our 1st year competing at the Pros, Divs and NT events.  It's also
our 1st full year in SS after a very unfortunate accident destroyed our BP
car (and almost me)last July.

To comment on the Peru thing, I'm not experienced enough at this to have
even  noticed that there may have been a problem. Having to hook the brakes
each time to get our fat car through that box, I never noticed a potential
prob.

What I do know from a personal standpoint is that all forms of motor sports
carry a risk, no matter what types of preparations are made and cautions
taken....

entertaining pic here: http://www.benchmarksales.net/wreckpic.jpg - things
can go bad real fast.

I started moto-x at age twelve & came real close to turning pro at age 16
before having a bad accident in practice, which really changed everything.

Been auto-xing for about 4 ½ years now, and have been schooled by the best:
Jim Mckamey, Jean Kinser, Mark Daddio & Mark Liverone and others. (Sorry if
I kill your names)

So don't be too surprised when we start running with you "big dogs"

Look forward to the rest of the 2000 racing season (oh... and with a
modified harness bar <wink> )

Mike Bullis