240Z Alternator Help

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 240Z Alternator Help
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:44:43 -0700
We need to install a new alternator on our Z-Car and want to do it with one
wire.  The current one (the way the car came to us) has some little
regulator box mounted on it in place of the stock set up but it doesn't seem
to work anymore.  We have heard that you can take a later Z alternator ('77
280Z) with internal regulator and connect it with only one wire.  But my
understanding is you have to jumper a couple of the connectors on the
alternator together and no one seems to know how to wire it.  Terminals on
it are E (ground) B, F, and N.  Anybody out there know how to do this?  TIA.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z