Re: Karts and insurance...show me da' money...

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Karts and insurance...show me da' money...
From: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:17:04 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
>>Has anyone had their event insurance cost raised to
>>cover karts?
>
>No.  Our insurance would be canceled.
>
>Met Council's insurance, which is used by the Minnesota Autosports  Club,
>specifies that seat belts be used in all competing vehicles.

Phil and anyone else...
    If my guess is correct, you have insurance through K&K with their
Independent Club Event Liability coverage. I spoke with Dennis Ligget at K&K
last January about their feelings on allowing karts. His response was that
he was aware that SCCA had been allowing them for awhile and was unaware of
any problems related with them. He then told me that we could consider karts
a legal class with no changes necessary to our policy or premiums (if we
used the rules and restictions set up by the SCCA).
    I didn't think about the seatbelt requirement when he said that, and our
renewed policy doesn't specifically list karts as legal, but we are still
allowing them based off of Dennis' verbal okay. I've been meaning to contact
him and see if we can get it in writing, but I keep forgetting to do that...
besides we've only had one kart showing up and it's driven by some doctor
named Strelnieks...

Tom