Re: Safety Stewards excluding karts

To: NeonACR1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Safety Stewards excluding karts
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:58:33 -0500
Actually, Ed, that issue has already been addressed in the 2000
rulebook.  Sorry I missed out on the earlier discussion but, on page
240 of Appendix F (the SSS Guidebook,) item 7 on that page states in
part:  "...This rule gives the Solo Safety Steward the option of
excluding karts without having to declare the site unsafe for
everyone. It is the judgment of the Solo Safety Steward whether the
course design, surface, solid objects, and type of karts running
present an unsafe mix.  In most cases, the situation can be resolved
by a course design change."

Personally, I think that pretty well states it all.  However, if you
think that this is an issue we need to further-address, please let us
know.

For that matter, if anybody else has safety issues you would like
addressed by the National Solo Safety Committee, please send them on
to me or any other committee member.  We've recently restructured the
whole committee.  Plus, we're in the process of resurrecting the
Safety Belt (again) and we certainly welcome your input.

Hopefully, every licensed SCCA SSS will have a copy of the Safety Belt
in his/her mailbox within the next week or so.  If you get one, we
certainly hope that you will share it with everybody else in your
Region.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman
SWDIV DSSS
Member, National Solo Safety Committee