RE: CNAC Rules

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: CNAC Rules
From: rase@canada.com
Date: 19 May 2000 17:20:47 -0700
On Thu, 18 May 2000, "Eric Linnhoff"  wrote:
 > Okay, I just got through reading the  CNAC rules  for Stock Class
cars.
 > Let's see if I read them correctly.  If I put the  stock 22mm front
sway bar
 > back on my DS Neon (instead of the skinnier "Sport" sway bar that
most mere
 > mortals, which excludes Daddio, put on to make the car hook up
better) then
  > I can run on R compound tires (1 preparation point) and install a
LSD (also
> 1 point) for a total of 2 preparation  points and  STILL remain in the
Stock
> Class??
 > Did I read that correctly?

 Close.  The LSD has to be of the same/stock gear ratio.

Basically, think of the CNAC rules this  way:  The  rules were set
up/harmonized such that the five regions
(Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, Western Canadian Motorsport  Assoc./WCMA -
Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Alberta and   CACC/British Columbia) across Canada
and the SCCA  folks stay in stock if that is where they were originally.

In the SCCA, you are allowed 1 pt. in stock but can run R-compd/DOT
tires.  However, we allow 2 pts. since we count 1 pt. for R-compound
tires which leaves you 1 pt. like you would have in the SCCA.  Kewl,
eh?  ;^)

> Oh but wait, it gets better.  If I  install a fire extinguisher I get
a -1
> points added to my preparation total, so that means that I can now
install a good supportive driver's side race seat (1 point) in my Neon
and  STILL  remain in the Stock Class.  Right?

 Right.

 > And if I go hog wild and install a roll bar (always a good idea) I
get an additional -2 points added to my preparation level count and then
I can  install a different rear sway bar (1 point) and I could run 13"
wheels (1
 > point) and their corresponding Hoosier 225/45-13 tires (already spent
that  "R tire" point earlier).  Right??
Uhh, the Hoosier tires may be iffy, but I think I got the gist of the
rest of  the rules. Right?

 Watch out here.  Section 5.4 - negative points (for  roll bar and fire
extinguisher) can only be used as per Section C - Weight Reduction.
This means you cannot substitute another sway bar.

And Hoosier or other slicks that are non-DOT tires would  land you in
Modified!  ;^)

 > If this is all true, then God bless  those crazy Canucks!!!!
WOOHOO!!!  Even
 > that wild eyed Dennis and his updated/backdated turbo monster.

> Help me out here folks.  Why wouldn't this system work for us
'Mericuns as well?

> You know me, up way too late and just stirring the pot a bit.  ;^)

Hehehe.....reading rules late at night can be dangerous.

>Eric Linnhoff in KC

Regards,
Reijo

Reijo Silvennoinen, CSCC Nat'l Event Rep.
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary Sports Car Club (CSCC) web site:
http://www.cscc.ab.ca
Canadian National Autoslalom Championship (CNAC) list:
http://www.onelist.com/links/solocanada
CNAC web site:
http://CNAC2000.erc.bc.ca/