Re: Tire analysis and question

To: <KWall73108@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire analysis and question
From: "david borden" <cobracrosser@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 21:06:32 -0700
Kevin,

I seen to have a similar issues on 265 45 16 Kumbos.  My car in not quite as
light, but is still fairly light at 2200lbs.  I have had the same problem
trying to get the tires to stick.  I suspect it is my setup, but I had to
run just below 20psi to get the tires to stick, but they corded the edges
after 4 events.

The tires I got were new but 2.5 years old from storage.  Are you tires new
, or older models like mine?

I wonder if they may need a bit more weight on the tires to get a good
contact patch.

keep us updated on your progress.

David Borden