tire life and alignment question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: tire life and alignment question
From: "Jason S." <solo2crx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:06:40 CDT
Please remind my forgetful brain, what besides negative camber can cause
extreme inside edge wear on a tire? How does caster or toe affect the inside
edge?

My Del Sol has chewed through the inside edge of a Dunlop D60 tire on the
front driver side of the car. The car was aligned to factory specs not too
long ago and there does not appear to be anything wrong with the camber to
the naked eye or my level. I think the shop may have hosed up the job or I
have knocked something out of whack in the front suspension.

Thanks,

Jason S.
87' Honda CRX 36DP - Fun at the track weekend car
94' Honda Del Sol Si - Fun in the sun weekend car
91' Pontiac Grand Am Le - Uninspiring commuter car