Re: temporary Geez for CE fix

To: Jeffrey Lloyd <jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Subject: Re: temporary Geez for CE fix
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:40:13 -0700
To go directly to the page try this URL:

http://www.conduits.com/pspc/apps/copilot.html

The description says...

"Port of Copilot for Palm-size PC. Requires around 5MB
 free memory to run, as well as the ROM of a PalmPilot
(named Pilot.ROM) in the root directory or in a Storage
Card directory. Still very slow. unsupported freeware.
Limitations: does NOT save the pilot's RAM file when
exiting. This is a technology and speed demo only. The
state of the PalmPilot will not persist between
runnings. Updated: now includes ARM support."

Then there's a download for the zip and/or the source.  Although the
description sounds like it may not do the job, it's certainly worth a
try.  When it says "very slow", that doesn't sound promising.  Also, the
limitation about not being able to save the contents of the RAM file are
potentially pretty serious, since that's where the datafiles themselves
are all stored, as well as the calibration string.  So if it works as I
suspect, then you'll have to record your run, and download it to a full
Windows PC before ever exiting the Pilot emulator on your CE machine.  I
don't know how practical this is.

If anyone tries it, please let me know the results!  And thanks for the
lead, Jeff!

--Byron