RE: AM Turnout (was Fine print)

To: "'dg50@daimlerchrysler.com'" <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>,
Subject: RE: AM Turnout (was Fine print)
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:33:17 -0800
DG writes...

>Yow! Enter the turn faster and it turns _better_? Is this >really Kansas?

This was already covered in the "Ace Reporter Meets the Phantom" article in
an earlier version of North American Pylon. Call 1-800-KT-KELLY for details.
:)

I also think that although Jim McKamey is right about speeding up to enter a
turn, the Phantom is so well designed, it probably generates down-force a
bit better than the other cars. I think I adapted to the car rather quickly,
but I think that's ONLY because the car is so perfect. I don't know if
anyone can comprehend the concept of the "perfect" autocross car, but the
Phantom is it. Unbelievable.

Personally, I think it would be a tragedy if cars made with such ingenuity
were no longer given a class in SCCA. It's the FASTEST autocross car in the
world. It's a monument to autocross. Don't ban it!

Oh yeah. I just noticed that if Joe and Gary HAD gone to Nationals, they'd
have twelve in their class. Isn't that the quota? Seriously, any way you
look at it, it's their fault! They killed the class first by showing up, and
then by not showing up. It's a Canadian conspiracy!:)

Katie K.