On-board Telemetry / Nissan Skyline GT-R (2nd try)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: On-board Telemetry / Nissan Skyline GT-R (2nd try)
From: AutocrossAddict@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:17:20 EST
Let me try this again ... without the attachment this time.  Apparently
anything with an attachment gets rejected by team.net ...

If anyone wants to see pix of this from the brochure, email me!

-----

How long until all sports cars have something like this?!  (See the attached
.jpg -- digesters will not receive the pic.)  An on-board digital display to
monitor and record things like torque, degree of throttle opening, injector
opening time, turbocharger pressure, and oil / coolant / air intake / exhaust
temperatures.  Plus, you can set "red zones" which will indicate when you're
exceeding a threshold, and an optimized gear upshift indicator based on the
car's dynamic conditions (gear/revs/torque/speed), and built-in G-force
display and lap timer!
A future option will be the ability to download all the data to a laptop for
post-race analysis.  Sounds like a definite (if unfair) performance advantage
to me!

Mike S.
AutocrossAddict@aol.com