Re: event synopsis

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: event synopsis
From: "p.zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 17:22:07 -0500

> How long is your season?

New England Region runs from April until October, smaller clubs in the area
run until November

> How many events in that season?

Last year we ran about 10 weekends, including a National Tour.  Three other
weekends were two day events where we ran a non-standard (Charity, School,
and Test and Tune) on Saturday and a regular points event on Sunday.

> What kind of courses are run (technical, open, top speed, etc.)?

At our smaller lots we will run a tighter course, while at Devens airfield
we run more open courses

> What's the typical turnout and how long does the event usually take?

Depending on the site, we saw turnouts from 100 up to 210.  We have a couple
of sites that cannot support a large amount of cars in the paddock, we
restrict these to 125 cars per event.  With dual drivers, we end up with 150
entries.  At Devens, we will usually see 175+.

We start early, with registration closing around 9:15 and tech 15 minutes
later.  We shoot for first car off at 10AM.  We try to be done before 5PM.

> How many runs can be had at an event, including extra runs?

If the event is running smoothly, we can send upwards of 750 cars through
the timing lights.

> What caliber of drivers are at the event, any national winners?

Plenty of top drivers.  Cracking the top 10 in Pax is usually something to
be proud of.

Paul Zahornasky
NER Solochair