Re: New thread: Tire width questions

To: <ConeChasr@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New thread: Tire width questions
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:36:02 -0800
Daniel Ledford wrote:

><< Relative to 6.5" DSM applications...245 BFG's with spacers work well
> but really shouldn't as they are certainly oversized for the width. >>
>
>I found that the 235 BFG application worked really well.  Not too much slop
>from the sidewall bowing.  I ran 245 Kumho's but did encounter the slop,
>although pressure problems could have accounted for at least some of that.

I think I mentioned this to you back in Evansville last year, but some of
the feeling you are describing is just the difference in feel between the
Kumho and BFG.  While the BFG's are very crisp and usually non-forgiving,
the Kumho's like to slide a little more.  A lot of people that have tried
driving on the Kumho's were initially slower just because they thought they
were overdriving the tire.  The Kumho's can also be a lot more forgiving
since you can usually feel the edge coming in a more gentle manner.

Ron Bauer
Team Butt Heat
Y2K S2K