Re: Require SCCA membership?

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, "John Galligan" <galligan@gulftel.com>
Subject: Re: Require SCCA membership?
From: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:28:21 -0800

>Has not worked for MAC.  Nearly everyone joins MAC to save the five bucks
>per event.  They still don't come to the meetings, vote in elections, run
>for Board.  And we have to beat most of them over to head to get workers at
>the events.
>
>You make the events mandatory work events. Every entry we take MUST
also sign up on a worker sheet. One person is in charge of keeping track of
worker assignments. You have to work one of the six run groups and your
name is checked off to verify you showed up. If you don't work you are not
listed in the results, but rather at the bottom of the results sheet under
the heading "The following people did not work....". You get zero points for
that event. Typically the only people who don't work are the ones who don't
intend to come back anyway. It works great and the work really isn't hard.