Marshalltown Go Kart Track Series

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Marshalltown Go Kart Track Series
From: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:25:57 -0600
Over the Summer of 1999,  the Iowa Region hosted a Solo II mini-series at
the Iowa International Raceway, in Marshalltown Iowa.  There were a total
of 3 events, You had to participate in atleast 2 to qualify for Class
Champion points.  Participants that were at only 2 events were awarded
points for the 3rd event equal to their lowest place finish at the other 2
events.

We had great support for these events from surrounding regions. (Great
River Region, Des Moines Valley, Nebraska, Kansas City, LOL.)  Surely I
left someone out...Sorry.  I would like to thanks everyone for coming these
events were a blast.   I would especially like to thank those who showed up
for the Oct event in the cold/rain/snow.  (Maybe these folks should check
into a room with lots of padding...if ya know what I mean.)  I already had
a nasty cold...I stayed home.

Following are the 1999 Class Champions
Nice job to all.

BM
Bob Mauer
Ralt
DMVR

CM
Al Cram
VanDiemen (Tiga for 2000)
Iowa

DM
Jeff Ellerby
Westield
Iowa

EM
Jeff Christianson
Westfield
Iowa

CP
Ron Vermulm
Camaro
DMVR

CSP
Mark Akintola
VW GTi

DSP
John Payne
Scirocco
DMVR

ESP
Steve Greer
Mustang
DMVR

DS
Mark Brichacek
Neon
Iowa

ES
Candy Gerber
Jan Gerber
Neon
Nebraska
(1st place tie)

FS
Roger Christophersen
Camaro
Iowa

GS
Leroy Beck
Mustang
Iowa

Street Tire Class
Jon Irwin
Saab 900
DMVR

Thanks again to everyone
See you in 2000!!!!

Jeff Christianson
#65EM

P.S. Next year we'll empty the water out of the tire barrier...not that any
open cars ever go through it or anything.