RE: Miata rollbar

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Miata rollbar
From: dan pedroza <beagleracing@Mroad.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 07:28:27 -0800
None of the Hard Dog Hard Core bars truly pass the 2" rule established by
SCCA for most drivers unless you stand 5'4" or so.  the fact is, the top
still needs to come up over the bar.  But the Hard Dog bar, as soon as the
picture on my site below, does its job and does it well.  i have many other
pictures like that as well.

but for autocross, its just not necessary. Heck, Bill Van Tassel bought one
but only uses it when autocross season is out!

>Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:39:34 -0500
>From: "Brian Porter" <porterb@mediaone.net>
>Subject: RE: Miata rollbar
>
>Nothing pre-made that I know of but fabrication is always an option. As for
>the helmet height, Miata folks generally remove a bit of seat foam to pass
>the 2" rule.
>
>If your going through the trouble, why would you want to remove it? It's
>presence could be quite useful.. :) See
>http://store1.yimg.com/I/mroadster_1550_3506059
>
>I highly recommend the HardDog HardCore bars for permanently mounted
>roll-bars. (I believe they make Z3 stuff too) I've had two HDHCs so far (95
>and 99) and installed a coupla others. Simple install (although some Dremil
>work required), great fit and nice increase to chassis stiffness.
>
>FWIW, I'd never drive a convertible without a REAL roll-bar. You never know
>when &%*$ can happen. The Dealer Alternative sells the HardCore bars for the
>Miata, www.dlralt.com. (no affiliation, just great service)
>
> -Brian
>'99 Miata Sport
>'90 Miata ITA? car (someday)