Re: DRL's

To: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Subject: Re: DRL's
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:18:40 -0600
Robert Glover wrote:

> Rather than TEACHING people to have enough sense to turn their lights on in
> low-light situations, they're taking yet another decision away from us.
> Same thing with teaching people to keep to the right and let faster traffic
> pass... it's easier to just label anybody that wants by as somebody
> experiencing "Road Rage" and target them with more revenue enhancement.

Frankly if your too stupid (fugurative you, not "you" you) to put your
lights on when driving a white car in a snow storm here in Wisconsin,
you deserve to have this particular decision made for you. I have had
many near misses in snow conditions because of dumb-asses who do not put
the lights on or are too lazy to go around and brush the snow off their
lights.  I don't care if all cars blend together when they all have
lights on, it's that one car in a snowstorm that I care about and if
this is what it takes to get those lights on, then I'm for it.
Additionally, I don't take offense at having this decision made for me
because I know damn well that the other 98 percent of drivers who do not
care will now be visible to me.  You can't teach away ignorance to the
general public.

Like it or not, not everyone is as enlightended as you and I.  If the
driving public is too stupid to simply put their lights on when
appropriate, someone will do for them.

end-o-rant

PLW