Honda S2000 in AS WILL be competitive?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Honda S2000 in AS WILL be competitive?
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@home.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:39:39 -0800
We had our second to last AutoX in San Diego Calif. this weekend.
Someone rented a Honda S2000, and ran it for fun all day, driven
by several people.  It was totally stock, tires and all, since it
was a rental.

The times were incredible.  We have a reasonably competitive
AS class, with 3 of the entrants doing well at the nationals this
year.  The fastest time I saw for the
Honda was a 65.6, and the fastest AS time was a 64.5 (M3).
Gary Thomason's 1999 Championship winning BS Miata was a
63.5 (I think that was the fastest stock class time of the day,
with SS just a little slower, but I am not positive).
A very competitive GS Type R was running 66's, taking GS
by about 7 seconds.

So subtract whatever time you think R Tires, shocks, and
alignment would do for the S2000, and it looks as though
AS may be interesting...

As always, YMMV.

Chris Teague
97 M3/4