Re: Hood Pins in SP?

To: Jason Bowles <jbowles@carol.net>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood Pins in SP?
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:37:04 -0700
Jason Bowles wrote:

> Are hood pins legal to use in SP instead of factory mounts? Would I have to
> use factory mounts and hood pins? Could I remove the factory components and
> just use hood pins?
>
> Just to make it clear before I do this what I can and cant do.

        That's a good question Jason. I seem to remember that the SP rules
allowed hood pins, but I can't find it right now. But if they are
allowed, can one remove the original factory hood release mechanism? At
first pass I'd say no. It's a modification that is not specifically
allowed, and it is the removal of a factory part that was not intended
to be user removable (e.g. hatch cover, spare tire etc.).

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/