Re: Mulligans

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Mulligans
From: Josh Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:59:25 -0700
"Mark J. Andy" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Engstrom wrote:
> > Uhhh, John, in addition to being Red River Region RE and Vice President
> > of the Shreveport Journalism Foundation, you're also the Southwest Division
> > Solo Safety Steward.  How would you prevent me from buying 5 "cone
> > mulligans" and barreling through a three cone slalom and two offset cones
> > and entering a sharp turn at 90+ MPH?  Maybe you could set a limit to the
> > number of "cone mulligans" bought, but the safety steward would have to
> > assess the course beforehand to find a safe limit on the number of cones.
> > Seems like kind of a problem to me.
>
> Just make a rule that you can't use con mulligans on multiple cones in a
> row.  Like, knock over one cone is fine, but three in a row isn't.  Three
> individual cones are fine, etc.

        Would those mulligan points count towards DNF cones? Cutting off a
particular apex cone might prove excessively beneficial.

> That would make the SSS job easier 'cause they'd just have to make sure
> that a deliberate killing of one cone didn't create problems.

Agreed. Unless the cone's name happens to be "Kenny". :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/