Mustang brakes advice?

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mustang brakes advice?
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:03:51 -0400
I have recently acquired an 1989 Ford Mustang LX 5.0.
The plan is to use it as a daily driver and run it in ESP.

I would like to backdate the brakes to 1986 Mustang SVOs.

WHY? when you can buy a bolt on kit from Ford SVO that
updates to '93 Cobra R brakes?

Well, because I don't want to run 17" wheels/tires, that's why.
The '93 Cobra has 13" front rotors that necessitate 17" wheels,
And the back date also gets me the 5 bolt pattern so I can run
the 17" Cobra wheels for the street.  ( I want to run 16" race tires.)

So my question is, are there any pit falls to be aware of in doing
this back date?  And are the proper axles available, 28 spline, 8.8" dif.?

                THANKS in advance!

                New CP wann'a be?

                        Lindsay