Modern Q4s; Any good?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Modern Q4s; Any good?
From: Pat MacAvoy <patmac@tridelta.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:55:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

Someone I work with is thinking about getting a Pontiac Grand Am (no,
  she is NOT an autoxer) for transportation.  I remember the GM Quad4
  motors had some reliability problems when GM tried to cheapen them
  up.  Does anybody have any idea how they are these days?

Also, any feedback from recent Grand Am owners would probably be welcome.

Private replies are fine (esp. since the GA is NOT an autoxer!)

thanks

pat(a pontiac wouldn't satisfy my porsche fetish)mac
Pat MacAvoy
a.k.a. konekiller@tridelta.com  (Yeah!  I'm down to 4 cars!)
84 CS RX7 GSL-SE (for sale, see http://www.suite224.net/~patmac)
88 CS 924S-SE (CS gun)